(Online): Click Here
Listen (Audio only)
What you’ll learn from today’s episode:
- Discover the three parts of the deal when it comes to real estate investing
- Learn what you should do as a real estate entrepreneur as the active part of the deal
- Know why it is important to make sure it’s in your investor’s best interest everything you do in the deal
- Are you looking to attract investors and raise capital for your deals? Get a complimentary copy of Dave Dubeau’s newest book, called ‘The Money Partner Formula’. Get your PDF version at investorattractionbook.com.
- Join me for one of my upcoming live one-day virtual workshops. You can register here: https://investorattractionworkshop.com/
What do you do if an investor says “So, how much money are YOU putting in”? (Especially if the answer is ‘none’).
This is a stumbling block for many would-be capital raisers who have run out of cash and credit to self-finance more deals on their own.
They think that their investors are going to demand that they have their own ‘skin in the game’.
In today’s episode, I’ll go over what to say and how to get them turned around if this should ever happen to you.
00:17 – The reality of the money of most real estate investors and the way it tends to be with them
00:41 – The three parts of the deal when it comes to real estate investing and how much you are bringing into the table
01:33 – The book Real Estate Action Plan where it is listed all that we have to do as a real estate entrepreneur to make the deal go
02:04 – Why it is important to structure your deals where your investor partners are covered
“When it comes to real estate investing, there are three parts of the deal– the property itself, the money, that’s your investor partner, and you’ve got the team and the experience to make the deal happen. And that’s you, and the team and all the experience that you bring to the table.” – Dave Dubeau
“You’re bringing two-thirds of the equation to the table, you’re bringing the deal, you’re bringing the expertise and the team, and your money partner is really just bringing the cash. So you’re bringing two-thirds, they’re bringing one-third, and you’re going to share the deal 50 50 with them. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. All right, we always got to keep that in mind.” – Dave Dubeau
“Now, the other thing is, make sure that you structure your deals so that your investor partners are covered, right, you got to want to make sure that they are registered on title, you want to make sure that they are getting paid. First, you want to make sure that you’re only getting paid if they’re getting paid. You want to make sure that when it’s time to refinance the property or sell the property, they get their capital back first. And then you share the profits 50 50 or whatever the split is that you’re going to have on that deal, right. So make sure it’s in your investors best interest and show them that right.” – Dave Dubeau
Connect with Dave Dubeau:
Do you like the show?
Great! Please rate and review it on iTunes.